Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

It is going to be a great 2014. I can feel it! Looking back at 2013 I have so much to be thankful for. I have an amazing family that I love very much. I have been blessed with great friends that I consider family. I have made new friends that I can tell will be lifelong. I have a fulfilling career. I have been fortunate to be able to run (a lot) and share my love of fitness with you all. I was able to coach my son’s soccer team, what an amazing experience that was! And I have been able to strengthen my faith and see the positive effects of that faith in my life.
I’ve tidied up my blog a bit too. My race calendar and my about me sections were updated along with my buttons. One of my goals last year was to focus more on my family and not let tedious to do lists and time wasters interfere with enjoying life as it’s lived, I hope to continue that into the new year and beyond. I also want to try and live more JOYfully, putting God and others before myself. I have always struggled with this and hope I can reflect back at the end of 2014 knowing I did a better job.
As for my running goals, I have decided to cut back on distance races and focus on shorter races, like 5 and 8k’s. I have always enjoyed racing those distances and I think it will help improve my speed. I’d also like to complete 800 miles this year. I signed up for the 14 in 14 Challenge, but I’m not going to go after 14 races like I did 13.  I do have two long races scheduled, The Cherry Blossom 10 miler and The Diva Half Marathon and of course I am looking for a sub 1:50 half time! To do that, I really will have to focus on my training for one race and not try to fit in multiple races on top of that training. If I can do that, I might start my long term plan to, wait.for.it….tackle a full marathon in the next 2-3 years. Phew I said it, well I wrote it.
I wish you all the best in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment