Friday, October 25, 2013

Whirl Wind!

It has been a whirl wind couple of months. Earlier this year, I stepped down from heading up my local chapter of Moms RUN This Town to alleviate some of the organized chaos in my life. My hope was to not be so stressed about trying to pack it all in. Well, that didn’t happen. Apparently, taking things off my plate just opened up room for other things to be piled on. Here is where I must confess, it’s my own doing! I can’t say no. I have to be involved in stuff. I have always been that way. I need to be busy! I did however; decide that blogging was not a top priority. As the three people that read my blog could probably tell because I haven’t posted since September 8th. I do have blogging sessions in my head while I’m running or driving to work. Some are even worth writing about, but sorry no time to get them down on paper. Today though, I have a few minutes, so I thought I would catch you up on the life of Courtney.

I completed the Colonial 200 with my team of 12 wonderfully amazing people. We had the best time. I have thought a lot about how I would recap this event and come up blank each time. I hope to figure it out soon. To sum it up for you, it took us 32:14:13 to complete 207 miles between Charlottesville and Williamsburg, VA. Blog post to come soon (I hope).

Another school year is in full swing. I couldn’t be prouder of my older son. He is doing great in school and is playing fall baseball, which he really enjoys.

I am coaching my 3 year olds soccer team and it is so much fun. I am also proud of my little man. He and the other kids are doing great and have shown huge improvements since the first day. Sure, it’s more like herding cats, but they seem to have a great time, so it’s worth it. I even had one little boy tell me he loves me, but didn’t want a girlfriend, and he doesn’t like spicy stuff, all in one breath.

I am running another race tomorrow, The Wicked 10k, here in Va Beach. It will be my 13th race of the year. Kind of fitting that my Halloween themed race is also unlucky #13! Boo! And just to show you a prime example of how I like to pack it all in…race at 8:00, soccer at 10:00, baseball at 11:00, basketball tryouts after that, and then home to hopefully rest, but no, party planning is in full effect for my little guys 4th birthday party! My recreation of TMNT weapons made out of paper rolls and duck tape will amaze you…blog to come!

Ok, this is looking more like one of those lengthy “what my family has been up to this year” letters stuffed into a Christmas card than a blog post. So I’m out, for now J
Happy Halloween and I hope to post soon about The Colonial, The Wicked, and where my running is headed for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment