Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall 5 and 10: September

Just a week ago I posted about a cool free virtual going on all fall and into the winter called the Fall 5 and 10. I was am pretty excited about this as Mommy Run Fast has some pretty cool prizes up for grabs. I even asked my friends not to sign up so I would have better odds at winning! True story.

Well count up September as an EPIC FAIL!
 
 
My last run was Aug 31st. That's 5.days.ago. Ugh! I had planned on taking Sunday as a rest day, rightly so, I ran 12 miles Saturday. Monday was suppose to be 5 miles, which never happened due to a slight hangover and no motivation to run in 90+degree heat and humidity. I simply thought I would make it up Tuesday and just have an extra rest day, no harm, no foul.
 
WELL, my son came home with a stomach bug a couple days before my long run. I though I sanitized the house and besides the large vomit stain that was waiting for the carpet cleaner to come Tuesday, all was right in the world. And by world, I mean my sanitized for your comfort house. Apparently not. I woke up Tuesday with a stomach ache that progressively got worse and turned into a fever with chills. Luckily for me no vomiting, but still sick. It is now Thursday night and I have had one full meal since Monday. I am a bit on the run down side. I am so bummed that I didn't get my miles done for this months contest, but there is always next month, right?!??! And what about my Colonial 200 training? I think I am just going to stick with the plan and jump right back in tomorrow.
 
Good luck if you were able to log your miles for the Fall 5 and 10! If you win you have to come back and rub it in my face, I mean tell me what you won!

1 comment: