Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time for another go at Foodie Penpals!

blogbadgeSTAMP Foodie PenpalsLast October I participated in Foodie Pen Pals from the blog The Lean Green Bean. I got paired up to send food to a woman in Philly, who blogs about photography and received food from a woman who blogged about her pets. (You can read about it here.) Two things I know little about, but I do know that the three of us are foodies and that is all we needed in common for this project. I received a Trader Joe's package and have been shopping there pretty regularly ever since,  starting my boys obsession with Power Berries and my obsession with  their taco seasoning.

Now that I have more free time (ha! ya right!) that I am no longer involved with MRTT as a chapter leader, I thought it would be a good time to try this again. I really had a blast doing it last year and am eager to do it again!

So how does this work? I will be paired up with someone to send $15 of food to and will receive from a different person. We contact our person and find out if they have any dietary preferences or restrictions and have until the 15th to send the package out. My goal is to surprise my pen pal with some unique culinary delights! 

Interested in joining in on the fun? Check out The Lean Green Bean's Blog!

Check back later this month to see what goodies I get (and give)!

No comments:

Post a Comment