Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!

It's Reveal Day!
 
I want to thank my Foodie Pen Pal, Ashley for sending me this box full of goodies! I love Trader Joe's and she filled my box with couple of items I have been wanting to try, but wasn't willing to purchase, plus some of our old TJ standby's.
 
 
Some TJ's Fav's...


 
These lasted a whole 30 seconds.
 
 
I am kind of on the fence with these. I have tried them once in the past and remember them just being ok. I couldn't get the boys to eat them. Maybe this time will be different? (If I smoother them in ranch? jk!) They are a good alternative to chips.
 


Seaweed Snacks. Now this I have been wanting to try for a while, but haven't been able to bring myself to buy them in fear they would be gross. Well you know what? They are kind of gross. Sorry Ashley! I and thankful that I was able to try them though! She mentioned that seaweed is the in thing in NYC, where she lives. I guess this southern transplant isn't NYC cool ;) I do love sushi, but seaweed alone is not for me. Maybe in a dip? Have you tried these? Is there something I can pair them with that will make them yummy?  
 
These little numbers are some of my pen pals fav's she used to get in Canada where she is originally from. Honey sticks and a drink mix,  both very good. The honey sticks have lemon zest and are great alone, but I put them in my iced tea and they added a nice sweet lemony flavor. I actually mixed half iced tea and half of the drink mix together for a mango tea that was really good.
inside the drink mix, actual fruit
And last, but not least....a cupcake pop from NYC. It was so freaking good!!! What cute way to present and serve cupcakes! Only in NYC, although I am sure the rest of the country will catch on soon, if they haven't already.  ;)
 
 
Thanks Ashley! Your first run at Foodie Pen Pals was a success! Btw, can you send me more of these?!?!? :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment