Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tough Mudder, it's just not meant to be...

No mud, no wall, no barbed wire, no ice cold water, and no electric shock. Tough Mudder Virginia Beach was cancelled due to the course being destroyed by Tropical Storm Andrea.

I'm surprised, because here in VB it hardly rained. Strong winds yes, rain, not so much. I guess TM VB (which was really TM Richmond) got the rain? I know you can't control the weather, but TM I am done with you. I have tried twice to earn my orange headband and twice those attempts have been thwarted. I am taking it as a sign from God to be done with TM. It just wasn't meant to be. Maybe a Spartan Race should be on my race list?

My friend Heather at Relentless Forward Commotion summed up her thoughts on TM and OCRing in this post. It's a great article about what makes OCR what they are, the people! Even though, I will miss this amazing looking course layout and a chance to run with my OCR partner in crime Meagan, I will do another OCR and it will be amazing! I might not get that orange headband, but I will enjoy the race, whichever race it is, and the people that I am running, climbing, and crawling along side of.





Photo: Yes, this is happening in a few short hours. Bring it on Tough Mudder !


Good bye Tough Mudder. We were not meant to be and yes it is you, not me.


 

4 comments:

  1. I did my first mud run last Saturday, Pretty Muddy. Not sure they are my favorite race but I'll try another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out! You will become addicted!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a new follower! I've never done the Tough Mudder...the Warrior Dash was enough for me! The obstacles scare the bejeezus out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin! Thanks for reading!! I hope not to bore you to death! :) Warrior Dash was a great race! I've done it twice and this year was suppose to be TM. Oh well, it's just not meant to be.

    ReplyDelete