Sunday, June 30, 2013

No idea what's going on...

I have been experiencing weird breathing/heart palpitations  while on my runs lately. I went to the doctor about it a few weeks ago and she thought maybe it was exercise induced asthma. I got an inhaler, an EKG, and an echocardiogram. The later came back as normal and I have been using my inhaler, but its is getting worse. I tried to run 6 today, about 1.8 miles in it started. I ran-walked the remaining miles out of stubborn frustration. I am suppose to get fit with a  Holter Monitor. Yay me :/ can't wait to wear this baby...


I'm not sure when I'm going to do it, we are going out of town. I will hopefully as soon as we get back. I hate that I have to put it off. I just want to know what is going on!

Anyone experience similar symptoms?

Anyone have to wear one if these things?


5 comments:

  1. I had to wear a holter monitor once. It wasn't so bad. I only had to wear it for 25 hours though. I hope you find out what is causing these problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, it shouldn't be that bad. :) I just want to know whats going on.

      Delete
  2. I'm very familiar with the holter monitor, 3 times I've worn one and and event monitor which was for 2 weeks. I have issues with early beats and tachycardia, significant enough for me to feel it and worry, but not life threatening or even frequent enough for corrective action. The holter monitor is super annoying but it goes by quickly. I was allowed and expected to work out and go about my business as I normally do. I have to admit I've been having many more episodes lately and have been dragging my feet to see a cardiologist since we moved here, but with the heat and more mileage I should probably go in. Hope it's a breeze for you, and most importantly that you get answers. Message me on FB if you have any questions about the process. I feel like a pro :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure where you are, but could it be heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about that, it is really humid here, but I have had problems several times over the winter. I wonder if the humidity makes it worse?

      Delete