Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Freezing!

This so called spring weather has stolen my running mojo! It is freezing here. When I say freezing, its more like in the mid 40's with chance of snow! Snow?!? Not cold to some, but I live in Virginia Beach. It is NOT suppose to be this cold!!! It's one if the reasons I moved here from Western NY State. Because I HATE long winters. I don't mind the cold for a short time but this is getting old.

I have three weeks until my half marathon. Three short weeks to get in what training I can. This cold damp weather is making it really hard to get pumped up for yet another long cold run! I took last week very easy to recover from the race and my high mileage. (And by easy I mean I was lazy, using racing and the cold weather to slack off! And by high mileage I mean less than 20 for the week.) I have one more long run before taper week which I will be spending in Florida. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer than it is here. I found this cool running tour and hope to do it while I'm there!

Ok I am done complaining about what a terrible life I have :/ and how horrible it is to have to run in the cold. I know these are such inconsequential first world problems, but I needed to get it off my chest! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment