Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter, My Birthday, and the Jelly Bean





Today is Easter and it is also my 38th birthday. I was 16 the last time I was blessed enough to share my birthday with Jesus' resurrection. Unlike my my 16th birthday, I keep forgetting my big day was approaching this year. I guess as I get older, I am less and less concerned about my day as I am concerned about the others in my life, namely my children.

My present to myself was to finish up my training for the Flying Pirate Half with a 12 mile trail run in warm sunny weather with my friend Randi. We can now head into our taper! I love that this race is almost here. It has been a long cold winter and spring and I am ready to race! 

As for Easter, we will be heading to mass after the boys round up their Easter baskets and find all the eggs the Easter Bunny hid. Our church puts on an egg hunt for the kids, so we are going to be doing that as well, then heading to an Easter/birthday dinner at one of the restaurants at the oceanfront. Looking forward to it.

I also finished up my races for The Jelly Bean Virtual Race. I did the 5 and 10k. My sister-in-law won a prize pack for sharing RWJ's photo on FB. Go Jill! :) Don't forget to report your results if you are doing this one, today is the last day!

1 comment: