Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oh how I missed...

Burpees!

Today I did something I haven't done in a long time burpees. After my 'ok' performance at the VA is for Lovers 14k this past weekend (race recap to come), I decided I needed to kick my training into high gear and that included my strength training. Yesterday, I did an entire speed work session that kicked my butt and today it was a WOD that included burpees and overhead squats. I have never done overhead squats before and they were hard! I only had 25 pounds and it was difficult to keep my form. I saved the burpees for the end and wow, I was sucking wind and pretty much dying after 10 of them. I did finish 30, but I am pretty sure I looked like a the walking dead or burpeeing dead if there is such a thing. My quads were on fire, my vertical jump was nill, and my landing looked like I might collapse at any moment. Oh how I love burpees!


No comments:

Post a Comment