Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It is 66* here today, a stark contrast from only 3 days ago when I ran The Winter Runnerland on snow covered trails with temps in the mid 30's.


Sunday-snow from Friday's snowfall still on the trail. Temp in the mid 30's.
Today and tomorrow 72*! Such weird weather we have here.
 
I didn't realize when I packed my running clothes how beautiful it was going to be today. I had speed work on the treadmill scheduled, but scrapped that idea and decided to head outside and do a 4 mile loop around my work. It was a good decision.

I didn't have my Garmin or even my phone holder with me so I decided that I could do a 1.25 mile loop around my work 3 times and then if I still had time before I had to head home I would do a half mile cool down. Well, I have been sick for most of the month and have been running at a slower pace just trying to log the miles, but today was glorious. I am finally feeling like myself and the weather couldn't have been better. I ran gadget free, only starting the timer on my iPhone before heading out the door, leaving it on my desk until I returned. I roughly estimated 31 minutes for the 3.75 miles. I knew I was really pushing my pace, but was able to keep it going the entire time. My lungs were screaming, sweat got in my eyes, and I loved every minute of it! I think my pace was just over 8 minute miles! Yay! I head enough time to do another half mile cool down. I am finally starting to feel some gains in my endurance and that I am getting back into racing shape. Good think because the Flying Pirate Half is only 10 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment