Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Sick

I'm sick. I have been sick since Dec 30. I had flu-like symptoms the whole week of New Years, but not the flu. I was tested for it and nada. I might not have been the flu, but it felt like it. Fever, body aches, cough. It was a great way to ring in the new year. (Insert sarcasm here.) I had a couple of days reprieve only to come down with some sort of head cold. After waiting in the doctors office with my fake flu, only to be told I didn't have anything they could treat, I swore off wasting another $35 co-pay.

So 23 days later, here I am still sick. It's not the flu, but rather a head cold that wont quit. I haven't let it slow me down until now. I'm beat. I was suppose to do six miles and instead I am taking a nap. I need to get over this cold instead of running myself into the ground. I know it's just a head cold, but I'm over it. I'm going to concede (for now) and rest. Tomorrow is another day.


3 comments:

  1. I think I have the same thing! I cannot ever remember being this sick for this long......hope we are both better soon. This is killing my mileage goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please go to a good doc and get ur self checked, esp since its 23 days!
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete