Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Great F/V Challenge: Week 1

I know you have all been dying to know how the challenge is going!! The word in Vegas is 5:1, Mom over the Boys. (I have no idea what that means, I would make a horrible bookie.) You can read all about the challenge here.

I never did get around to making an actual chart. So we have been using the one Connor put together.  It has served  it's purpose and they are really into it. I knew $ would motivate them. Patrick is too little to understand but he copies whatever his big brother is up to and that carries over to eating more fruits and veggies. Yay!




I really have no idea who is winning, but I am pretty sure it's Patrick.  He eats a ton of food and gets fruits and veggies, like carrot sticks at daycare. However, I don't want to let Connor's enthusiasm for the whole event die out so I am going to let him win this week. I know, I know, it's not fair, but I am afraid Connor will stop participating if he doesn't win so I have a plan! Connor wins this week, Patrick next, me the week after that and then I will either let them tie or give it to Connor, since he is the reason I am doing this. They won't can't read this and don't tell them! They will never know!! Connor has actually eaten more this week than in the last few months and not just junk he is really trying to eat fruits and vegtables!! So it's a win win for all involved. He is getting the vitamins, minerals, and fiber he needs and I can feel better about what he is eating.

On a side note, since this is a blog (mainly) about  running...I think I am ready to get back at it. I only ran once last week and it was almost 3 miles. Knock and wood, I think my IT Bands are ready and I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment