Sunday, November 11, 2012

I haven't run in two weeks. My last run was The Wicked 10k that left me with both my ITB's screaming. I decided that I was going to take some time off and then get back in the gym to start some strength training.

So for a week I didn't do anything and then last week I started hitting the weights. It was good to feel sore again.

I also wrote up a training plan for a race series I want to do in January, complete with speedwork, tempo runs, and stretching and strength training days, I decided that I was sick of limping around and half-assing my training. So when I took a good look at my plan, I decided that there was no way I would have time for this. I figured I would probably end up half completing the running workouts and probably skipping the day I dedicated to yoga, not because I am lazy, but because I just simply don't have time. I think that is part of the reason my ITB pain keeps coming back. The race distance I wrote the plan for was a 5k, 6k, and then maxes out at a 8k. How has my life has gotten so busy that I can't even find time to train for a 5k?!?!

So after a week of doing nothing and a week of hitting the weights, I decided today I was going to go for a short run just because it's November and it was so nice out! Beautiful really. I hit the 2 mile mark and BAM, my left knee was not happy. Great. So maybe I need more than a week in the gym :/ I haven't signed up for that race series yet and I am not sure I am going to. I am trying to stay positive and think how strong I will be after a winter in the gym, but I am getting antsy (and sad) when I hear about everyone signing up for the spring races and how their training is starting soon. I think to keep positive I am going to find some really cool races to do starting in the late spring, races that I haven't done before and may even involve some travel. I probably won't log as many races as I did this year, but they are going to definitely be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment