Friday, November 2, 2012

12 Races, 11 New Metals

My race season has come to an end for 2012 and I added 11 new metals to my collection. I am happy to say that they weren't all finisher metals, two are age group metals. I finished 1st in my age group in the SJA Stingray 5k back in May and 2nd in Run Like a Girl earlier this month. I should have had an orange headband in there from TM but that will have to wait until next year. I missed two additional races because of my knee issues, which would have placed me at 14 races for the year. There are also some races that I am not going to enter in November and December simply because I (and my family) need a break. 
 
 
 
 
My new metals. The two flanking the end are my age group metals. I completed the Dolphin Challenge for the Shamrock, which consisted of the 8k and half marathon. There are two virtual race metals in there too, The Hot Momma Half and The Great Cupcake Race.
 
I really like the purple Run Like a Girl and The Wicked metals.
 
 
 
 
I was expirimnting with a new layout. I really need a couple of those race metal holders!
 
 
My helper.
 
 
He said he was a metal too and yes in his own special way he is.
 
 
These are all the metals I have collected since 2006, 30 in all. Hopefully I can add more in 2013.
 
Do you have a metal holder? If so where do you have it hanging? I want to put mine in the dining room but my husband won't let me.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! that an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gauri! I wish I could add a few more this winter, but my ankles and knees are telling me NO!! Haha!

      Delete
    2. U need a break :) its festival time :) relax n enjoy

      Delete
  2. Nice work! I put mine into scrapbook albums with pockets along with something meaningful from the race. Bib, race map, picture, stats.

    ReplyDelete