Monday, July 30, 2012

Leibster Awards

Leibster Awards

The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers
(I wonder if you get more points for having less than 20?)
I was tagged by Darlena at Run Find Your Happy Pace; she has a very inspirational blog and a virtual race coming up soon.  You should check her out!
(shhh,I also cut and paste this from her)
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.

Here we go….

 11 Random things about me...

11. I was married on New Years Eve 2005.
10. I am a HORRIBLE SPELLER.
9. I love British TV.
8. I have always wanted to go to Bermuda, the island not the triangle.
7. I have an outie.
6. I love athletics but I am not a big fan of sitting and watching sports.
5. If I could go back and pick a different career, I would have loved to be a chef.
4. I came very close to getting struck by lightening and get very anxious if I am outside and a thunderstorm is approaching.
3. I have hiked parts of the AT in VA, but the closest I have ever gotten to actually hiking the entire thing is reading A Walk in the Woods. Maybe someday! 
2. In referring to number 3, I have never actually camped out before!
and the number 1 random thing about me.....
1. As much as I love to run I have never run a full marathon.

11 questions from Run Find Your Happy Pace…

1)      What is your favorite dessert
This has to be this little number from Bakerella. It’s a brownie with a chocolate chip cookie baked in and chocolate frosting on top! Amazing!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies



2)      What is your favorite time of year and why?
The fall or autumn is hands down my favorite. I love when the weather starts to cool off and the leaves start to change. Not to mention, I love Halloween.  Oh and all that summer running in the heat makes racing in the fall weather seem like a piece of cake.





3)      Dark, milk or white chocolate?
Dark Chocolate, but really I don’t discriminate.




4)      How do you get your “sweat on”
I really love to run! But there is nothing like a good ol’ high intensity strength training session.




5)      Where is your favorite vacation spot?
The Outer Banks of NC or OBX, as the cool kids say. There is plenty of sun, sand and relaxing.



6)      What do you do to stay healthy?
I would love to say that all my running and healthy eating keep me in tip top shape, but I am sick A LOT! I blame that on my boys and their kid germs! I did quit drinking Diet Coke and have been only buying foods with natural ingredients. No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives for this girl.



7)      When did you first start blogging?
January of this year, as part of the Moms Run THIS Town January challenge for change.

8)      What was your first post?
A post called Finally Time. You can read it here, it’s kind of lame though, haha. I tried to summarize what I wanted to blog about, running, family, time management, etc… I for some reason thought I was an “expert” in time management. I must have been smoking crack that day. Ya right! I should have wrote, I want to be an expert, because what I am doing isn’t working! Hahaha!

9)      Would you run for cupcakes?
Ummmmm, ya!

10)  If you could meet one person (dead or alive) who would it be?
This is so hard….Princess Katherine!

 

11)  What your favorite song to exercise too?
I’m Sexy and I Know It! Not that I am or think I am. But when I am on the treadmill running and it comes on, I like to pretend the guys lifting weights in front of me are putting on a little skit to the lyrics! You know I am not the only one...

 11 Questions for you!

1. Have you ever been on a blind date?
2. If you could be any of the Fresh Beat Band members, who would you be and why? (If you don't know who the FBB is then you are WAY to cool for my blog.)
3. Are you a righty or a lefty?
4. Do you have a pre-race routine and if so what is it?
5. Have you ever stopped to ummm, go number one in the woods on a long run?
6. Can you ice skate?
7. What is your chosen profession?
8. What is one of your favorite non-running blogs?
9. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, and if so did you do something that should stay in Vegas?
10. Please share the answer to # 9! (if you haven't been to Vegas would you go?)
11. What is your favorite book or book series?


Bloggers I have tagged....











No comments:

Post a Comment