Monday, July 23, 2012

Berry Patch Times Two!




It’s blueberry season. I love this time of year. I look forward to it for months, right after I eat the last of the frozen blueberries I scored the summer before. I love it so much that this is the second time I have been and the season just started! I think I am such a fan because it is in the dead heat of the summer AND I get to head out to a rural part of the beach AND sweat through my clothes to get a large amount of super food for a very reasonable price! But really, it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood memories, picking wild blackberries in NY. Good times.
One for the bucket one for me!


The berry patch is only open select days of the week and since it’s been raining and I have had other obligations I haven’t been able to go and this would be the only day for another week I would be able to get out there. So, in order to get my workout in, I did a quick HITT workout of 30 wall balls, 30 triceps dips, 30 plyo lunges, 30 TRX rows, and 30 knees to elbows, with 4 burpees every minutes (I am loving this sequence). I also added in a few minutes of the rope climbing machine. That thing is IMPOSSIBLE! But I really want to be ready for, at least, the obstacle portion of the Tough Mudder and that will help. (Oh, and I also did some ITB rehab, foam roller, hip strengthening exercises that sort of thing. I am trying to be a good patient!)

He was so proud of his "biggest berry ever mom!"


Back to berry picking…I also stopped at the farm stand and got a bunch of farm fresh produce! So excited to bring this home and the boys picked it all out! I hope they eat it!!








Fellow blogger Breath of Sunshine is loving her farm CSA. I haven’t gone that route yet. Do you use a CSA or visit your farm stand regularly? I am hesitant of the CSA because I am not sure I will use or even know how to cook everything they give you. Plus I wonder if I am still going to need to go the grocery store to get things they left out? What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment