Sunday, June 24, 2012

Yes, my knee still hurts...

I know, I know. Another post about about her stupid knee problems. It's been over three months! Come on already. Sorry, the saga continues...

I know I am a broken record. So I won't bore you too much with details, but to catch you up, what started as ITB friction syndrome is now being labeled a possible meniscal tear. Great.

I would or should be more upset about this but I had a great week running leading up to my doctors appointment so, I'm kind of like whatever. I had three great workouts, including an entirely pain free speed day; a 4.5 mile tempo run; and a pain free 7.5 mile trail run in 91*+ weather! Besides all the gasping for air, it was like I was never hurt. (Knock on wood!)

I am feeling a bit out of shape. I didn't mean to run that far in 91* weather. I took the wrong trail and probably added 1.5 to 2 miles on my run. It was so hot and I needed to get home, so I did what I had to do and bagged the last mile and asked a park ranger to drive me to my car!

The ranger was great and didn't laugh at me or read me the riot act for running in those temps. She even let my sweaty stinky butt sit in the truck and not in the bed like a dog. Thank you First Landing Park Ranger! I owe you!

So anyway, I am awaiting a call from the MRI scheduler so we can see what's going on in my knee. Oh and good news, my ankle is not full of arthritis like I thought. I do however have a small boney growth, which is probably why my ankle bothers me.

I'll keep you posted on what the MRI reveals. I'm moving this week, which is partly the reason I haven't been blogging. Once I get settled into the new place I hope to get blogged a little more regularly again.

Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment