Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another Virtual Run Done



Today I finished The Jelly Bean Virtual Run! I'm so happy that I was able to run it again this year. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it due to my ailing ITB, but it seems to be doing much better and I was able to do the 5k on Monday and today I toughed out the 10k, with only a little discomfort in my knee..

Re-fueling after my 5k!

Monday's run started off questionable. I decided to do it on the treadmill, so that if it ended up bothering me I wouldn't have to turn around and walk all the way back. The entire first mile I could feel the tightness that occurs right before the stabbing pain sets in, but at some point it just went away and I remember thinking, FANTASTIC, I feel fantastic! I ended up finishing feeling very optimistic and relieved.

I ran again on Wednesday. This time a 4 mile tempo run. I was going to do 5 but I thought, 1. I shouldn't push it and 2. I was exhausted from my children thinking night-time is for anything but sleep! Regardless my knee still felt good.

Today was the big test for my knee. I set out to complete the 10k. I have been good; doing my rehab and resting my knee, trying not to push too far too fast. After the other relatively pain free runs this week, I felt optimistic heading out the door. I decided to run a 6 mile loop. At about the three mile mark my knee started to bother me, but I was able to keep going and finish. (It is not ready for 6 miles.)




Me and my running buddy.
I promised Patrick I would stop at the playground along the way, but all the running tired him out, and he fell asleep. I did wake him at the playground, but he didn‘t want anything to do with it, so we headed home. (And no, it wasn’t as cold as it looks. I totally over dressed him. He probably fell asleep because he was baking! My bad.)




He was so tired he didn't even want to go the playground.
I hope you had a chance to run the Jelly Bean. If not look for it again next year. I can’t wait to see if I won anything!!! Oh~and good luck to you, I hope you win something too.  ;)

My friends Jim and Aimee also ran the 10k over the weekend near their home in PA. They are gearing up for The Hersey 10k in a few weeks and their first half marathon in the fall. Good luck you two!


Thank you Run With Jess for putting this great race on!
I can't wait to see how much it grows from year to year.

Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment