Thursday, March 8, 2012


It has been a crazy week trying to get back into the swing of things after coming off of vacation. I have had a little bit of either post race blues or over training blahs. I am not sure which. I had been planning and training for the Princess half for so long and then to have it end the way it did was a little disheartening to say the least. I have been trying to write my race report but keep getting sidetracked with stuff like feeding my kids and entering Moms RUN This Town giveaways. (I promise to get it done soon.)
The only thing that saved me from completely losing it after such a crappy situation at the Princess is that Shamrock Weekend is almost upon us. I love Shamrock Weekend! For those of you not familiar with it, the Virginia Beach Oceanfront transforms into a plethora of runners and spectators celebrating St. Patricks Day. They dress in green and compete in  multiple races that kick off Saturday morning and finish Sunday with the half and full marathons put on by Yuengling.  
Not only is it a weekend of races, it is also my son’s birthday!  To celebrate, my family comes from out of town and we have a party for my son.  I am so looking forward to seeing everyone. My father-in-law usually runs the half and I do the 8k. This year racing fever has struck! My father-in-law is still doing the half but I am going to complete the Dolphin Challenge (complete both the 8k and half marathon).  My mom (a walker) was so impressed and inspired last year by the vast size and energy of the 8k crowd and kids races she wants to walk it. So, my sister and I are going to join her. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are also running the 8k as are our friends who will be visiting from PA.  It doesn’t end there…members of my local Moms RUN This Town will be there, as well as,  some out-of- town MRTTers (who I am looking  forward to meeting) and Team Tough Chik members will be representing too!  I am going to be a very busy girl next weekend between running festivities and throwing a birthday party!
I know my husband thinks some people might think I have over extended myself…again. But, I really enjoy everything about this weekend; celebrating my son’s birthday with family and friends; kicking off the spring race season; and this year, meeting new friends. It is going to be awesome!
Shamrock on!

Anyone else running the Yuengling Shamrock? Or are you doing another St. Patty's day race? 

4 comments:

  1. My whole family is participating: hubby and I are doing the half, son in the mile, and my 20 mth old in the dash. We live oceanside on Ft. Story, so it runs by our house. I'm hoping our friends that are keeping the kids will bring them out to the main road to see us run by! Good luck! I'm hoping to beat 2 hrs. If the wind is crazy like last year, I'm scared I can't do it. Fingers crossed.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise me you will meet up for a goup photo before the half! Mayeb I will even run into at the kids dash. Good luck to you and your family. I will keep my fingers crossed that the wind is managable and that you beat 2 hours!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yikes! My fingers are not working today! Sorry for the typos!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks girl! I really want to meet up with you and the other women. I'll keep my ears open for the meeting place. J and I are riding our bikes down that morning.

      Delete