Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just when I think I am ready to head to Florida for the Princess Half….

I am a planner, obviously. I have been planning this trip for months. In the last few weeks I have gotten lists together about what to pack for my kids and myself, just so I don’t forget anything. I have made schedules of when and where we will be each day, so we can make the most of our time in Disney. I have even read allears.net and mousesavers.com for helpful tips and inside info on the parks. I have had my training plan in place and followed it to a ‘T’ (well as much as possible). BUT, I have neglected a very important item, the race it’s self! When do I have to leave the hotel? Where is my family going to view the race from and where will I meet them after? I don’t even know the course nor have my outfit 100% together and we leave tomorrow!
I need to get my butt in gear today. I need to finish packing. I have to get my race outfit together and just in case the weather is not warm and sunny I have to get my alternate race outfit in place too. I have to do a load of laundry and to make my mother proud, clean up the house. I know that sounds insane but I can’t stand coming home to a mess. It is a total bummer to get slapped back to reality by a messy house after a long trip and I like to ease back into the old routine. (Or I’m just cleaning up for the robbers who are going to break in after reading we will be gone. Go ahead robbers, we have nothing to steal and an alarm and nosey neighbors to boot!) To make matters worse, yesterday we took our boys to get haircuts, but instead of going to our usual place we went to one of those ‘Super Clip’ places and not to offend anyone who might work there, but WTH? My 4 year old looks like HE tried to cut his hair.  So today I have to try and get it fixed. It is the last thing I want to do today but uneven sideburns aren’t going to cut it in Disney.  

Update: We were successful at getting my son's hair fixed, but my younger son seems to have pink eye! I can't catch a break. Now if you will excuse me I am going to go triple check my packing so I don't have a panic attack.

1 comment:

  1. your mom should be so proud of your ocd-ness. :)

    ReplyDelete