Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Taper Time!

I have been looking forward to this run almost as much as I am looking forward to my half. With the completion of these 12 miles marks the beginning of my TAPER for the Disney Princess Half! I am so excited (and relieved). I have 20 days and a wake-up left until the race and only two more long runs, a 10 miler and an 8. I am very happy that I decided to max out my long runs at 12 miles, instead of the usual 10. I am a novice at half-marathons and I think this gave me the confidence I needed to feel good about the upcoming race.

I have some things I need to do to get ready for the trip down to Disney, including getting my race outfit together. It is mostly complete, just need some final touches. I'll post once I have it done. I also have to get my family packed....which is no small task with two little ones, one of which is in diapers.

Hope you all had a great weekend and I am sure some of you are starting your taper too. Enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I can't wait to see pics from your Disney Race. I'm putting one of these races on my running bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have heard such good things about the Disney races, I will be sure to let you know how it is :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You're going to do great. I love reading your blog, it'' so impressive how you follow the training plans so closely. I could never do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But don't let me fool you. I wasn't following it that close at the beginning. Plus it only has me running 3 days a week. I don't know if I could do more, physically or mentally..hahaha. I love your blog too! I hope you decide to start it up again!! I love hearing about life in Costa Rica. :)

      Delete
  3. Doing good! I did 8 on saturday ib 1 hr and 16 mins. I am doing 10 this weekend. My training is a little behind with my knee. I get fitted for my knee brace this week. Hopefully that will be a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Meagan! So glad your knee is getting better!! You will do great at Disney! :)

      Delete