Wednesday, February 15, 2012

11 days and a Wake Up!

The Disney Princess Half Marathon is just around the corner! In less than two weeks I will be in Disney World getting my run on! It has been a long time coming and I am so relieved happy that it is almost here. I started my training before the new year and was loosely following Run Less Run Faster's 18 week training plan. I maxed out my mileage two weeks ago with a 12 mile long run and I am as ready as I will ever be.


Since I am in my taper and I am a control freak planner, I started to pack for the trip. Before you think I am totally nuts or just a little over excited about this trip, please know that I am not just packing for me. I have two little ones to pack for, one of which is still in diapers. I have almost all of our clothes packed and a list of everything I still need to get together and shop for. I hope to be 99% done this weekend.


I could totally run in that hat!
We are going with our good friends and neighbors, The Parkers. They were planning on heading to Disney this year too and we thought it would be fun to go together. Meagan and I will be running the half together. I know it is typical to run dressed as your favorite Disney Princess, but since we are meeting up with some other MRTT members we have decided to stand out and go with MRTT blue, teal and lime green. In case of inclement weather I have a backup outfit...I'll be going as Princess Kate...OH, they mean Disney Princess, well then I guess it will be in an outfit reminiscent of Belle. I'm not really a costume wearer at races. I will dress in red for Christmas and green for St. Patty's day but full on costume is just not me. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not me. I am waiting to get my shirt back from the printers and then I will unveil my two outfits. I know the suspense must be maddening, but hold tight. I'll post it soon! 


Have you ever dressed in costume for a race?

2 comments:

  1. I dressed in costume for the first time at the Wicked 10k this past Oct. I'm not a costume gal either. I want to be comfy when I run, or I get a bad attitude and don't do well, then I really have a bad attitude. I do like you, color for the "season" and that's all. Good luck on the Princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we do think alike! I have to say I did wear a tutu for Warrior Dash, I was going for Warrior Princess, but I almost drown when we had to swim through a swollen creek! That darn tutu weighed me down so much, haha. I can laugh now, but at the time I was panicing! :) I think if I ever get to do the wicked, I would do a costume, but something that wouldn't impede my speed...jk!

      Delete