Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where did Monday go?

It is Tuesday afternoon and other than a couple quick replies and checks on facebook, I haven't been able to spend any quality time on the internet. Instead, I was off work yesterday and spent quality time with my boys. I took them to the aquarium all morning. It was cold out, but we ventured outside to the aviary and nature path. I love letting them expend some energy. I don't love getting pooped on in the aviary :( True story.

When I got home, I was able to sneak in a 4 mile tempo run during nap time. It was suppose to be an 3 easy miles, but for some reason ended up being more and a lot faster than I wanted. Today, I am suppose to do  speed work.

Today's training looks like this:
10 minute easy warm-up
3x1600 @ 7:24pace with a 400 rest interval
10 minute cool down

My husband is working late so I will be taking both boys to my little ones Music, Mommy, and Me class. My goal tonight is to get caught up on my blog reading.

Tomorrow is my EMG and I need to make some final arrangements for our Disney trip in Feb. I am going to sign the boys up for the kids races.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed your first day back to work after a vacation?

2 comments:

  1. Do you run outside or on a treadmill? I'm fearing being able to keep up with running when we move back to Buffalo but, I don't enjoy running more than 3 miles on a treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do both. Long runs I do outside but doing interval workouts are so much easier on the treatmill. I can just set the pace and run. I have a hard time pacing track repeats. I have come to not mind the treadmill at all as long as I have some music. I rarely listen to music outside b/c you aren't suppose to run on base with headphones and if I trail run I like to hear what's going on.

    When are you moving to Buffalo? My father in law is a member if the track club there. Tons of running opportunity there!

    ReplyDelete