Sunday, January 22, 2012

Looking Ahead

It' Sunday and I am looking at the week ahead, another busy week...

Today I did my 10 mile run. This will put me on pace to max out at 12 miles in two weeks so I can begin my taper for Disney. I should have done it yesterday, but the weather had other ideas. Actually, what I should have done is gone early in the morning, but I didn't want to miss out on a Saturday morning with my boys and I glad I didn't. We played...a lot!

By pushing my long run to today I have to shift my schedule a little. Here is what I am aiming for this week:

Monday-bike and strength train...mainly core
Tuesday-10x400 @ 7min mile pace, with a 10 min warm-up and cool-down
Wednesday-short easy run and strength train...not sure what I am going to do yet...probably do some Crossfit..pull-ups anyone? Yeah right, like I can do pull-ups, hahaha
Thursday-5 miles at 8:12--might go hit the hills of Mt. Trashmore and incorporate some hill training
Friday-bike and strength train
Saturday--Rest, Glorious REST
Sunday--11 miles

In addition to my training schedule I usually plan our meals for the week and do any food prep on Sunday. This way I can just stick stuff in the oven when I get home from work. This is NOT happening this week. I am "single-momming it" for a few days and have no idea what to cook. I don't want to get stuck with a ton of leftovers that no one is going to eat.

I do know that Wednesday is TACO NIGHT! My husband will be pumped. He is so easy to please. Tuesday might be Wendy's. Yes, I feed my children fast food on occasion. I know I said I would never do that and that they would eat nothing but pure organic goodness. I also said I would never put my children on a public changing table without eight layers of protection but reality sets in and people change. Fast food is a treat and this week it is just as much a treat for my boys as not having to cook is a treat for me!

Hopefully work will slow down a little bit and I won't be exhausted come this Friday. We are headed to Richmond and will hopefully hit the Short Pump Mall for some shopping! I love that place!

How do you prepare your family meals? Daily, weekly, monthly? If you say monthly I might need a tutorial ;)

2 comments:

  1. When I was in Living in Vegas, I trained and ran two marathons. My first marathon was terrible because I was getting terrible shin splints & my feet were going numb. After the marathon, I discovered that I need to wear wide sneaks. I'm actually a c width but, I use extra wide shoes. I think once I started running a lot, my feet wood get a bit swollen and it pinch a nerve. At any rate, when I read that your feet were getting pins and needles, I thought I should mention this. I hope that the problems your having can be solved just by changing shoes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the typos!!! I usually proof read... This time I did but, AFTER I posted! Ha

    ReplyDelete