Friday, January 6, 2012

Finally Time

After months of going back and forth about starting my own blog I finally decided to give it a go. Why so long you say? First off, have you ever tried to come up with a catchy blog name; one that is easy on the ears, sticks in your head, and embodies what direction you want to head with the content of your blog? It’s hard, at least for me…. Then there is, what am I going to blog about? Will it just be a running/fitness blog or is there more I want to add?  And last but not least, where am I going to find time to blog?!?! That is how I finally came up with my title, So Many Miles, So Little Time.
 
There are so many things I want to do with my time, not just run and train. My life is full and fulfilling. I love my family, my friends, my job, and running. What I don’t love is not having enough time to fit everything in on a day to day basis. Overtime, I think I have become an expert in the field of time management and planning, omitting things that waste time and making time for things that really matter. Yet, there is still not enough time in the day to get it all done. I am an overachiever and perfectionist or at least I like to think I am. I like to plan out my schedule and “prep” for the week/ month/ and year ahead. It helps keep my schedule and my families schedule running smoothly so I can enjoy my time.

So where is this going? Good question. I want this to be a blog about running and fitness; family; and how I manage to fit it all in (or try to). If I can do it, you can do it. No excuses. There is time in everyone’s schedule to get up off the couch and get your heart rate up. You just have to make time. Do I work out every day? No, but I do work out most days of the week, most of the time. Make your health a priority… if you don’t have your health you have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment